Skip to main content

Dum Dum De Dum

 Every girls nightmare is finding an outfit, making sure its enough or not too much, that its suitable and yet stands out. Having not been to a wedding since I was about 8, I really wasn't sure what sort of outfit was right for a wedding from ceremony to reception. My partner and I were invited to a wedding-someone Ross works with. I was struggling to find anything and had my heart set on a jumpsuit. Soon I was told that it wasn't going to be a fancy wedding, that nobody was really going to dress up and that it was more casual. This just made it worse, what on earth is nice and yet casual enough for a wedding!? You can just imagine the chaotic scene can't you? Picture this...me pulling item after item, with one hand then the other, taking only seconds viewing each before casting them off over my shoulder eliminating them from my options, leaving me surrounded by a pile of useless-and may as well be, rags!
Of course I scowered the charity shops in hopes of a bargain find, I was up and down Canterbury and Hythe high street like a chid from the 20's playing with a stick and hoop! Unfortunately I found nothing, I guess when your looking for something in particular, you miss the gems that are really there. I found a beautiful royal navy jumpsuit on ebay which I won for £10, however, when it arrived and I tried it on, it gave me an unfortunate...camels feature that I wish not too divuldge into detail about. You can only imagine the ridiculous look. Again began the big search. This time, I gave in and searched the high street shops. Primark had just come to Canterbury so all the highstreet stores were having sales, only to compete I could guess.  I decided to look for a long dress, something that could be dressed up or down. I pulled a few items from the sale rail at Zara, one of which was a pale blue dress with dark blue flowers printed on it, something I would never have picked and the pattern made me think of my Aunty Nene and a blouse or dress that she would have worn. I tried it on anyway and funnily enough, it was perfect. the straps were a fraction too long cutting close to revealing too much side of my chest. But nothing that my sewing machine couldn't fix.

The day was beautiful and I certainly was not too over dressed neither underdressed. I had plenty of room for all the food in my floaty gown too. Plus the champagne everyone kept giving me as they didn't like it, who doesn't love bubbles! Plus, did you know that it has been discovered, we English were the founders and creators of the first intentional Champagne to have been made! Pardon Le Francais.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hepburn of all.

Having mentioned the LBD (the little black dress) last post, I began to think about it probably a little too much. Soon after, I started to rummage through my wardrobe-the one that looks sneezed on, to find my little numbers. I didn't realise how many I actually had. Four of my black dresses are not little but long and the other six are lovely little dresses all with a unique style and some with a bit of glitz. I decided to have my own little photo shoot like you see in the glamour magazines' and may have got a bit carried away. First in line of my LBD's is the one I previously mentioned, bought for £5 with short sleeves and a low back. A great example of a simple yet effective black dress. Second, is one of my favourites. I wore this dress on my 21st birthday in New York. I had previously known I was being taken to New York's most prestigious night club (The Box), so I knew I had to wear something glamorous. I searched high and low for something special but unfortunate

Animal Ora

After a collection of bargain buys have been found and the wardrobe is over flowing with wonderful items, outfits can be thrown together and fashion can be made up! Although I wouldn't say that I am particular wacky or out standing with my fashion, I like to be simple yet effective. However, I do like to play with patterns and find new shapes for my body. Here I am wearing some clothes given to me by friends. Also another great way to get yourself some bargains, instead of going shopping and spending lots of money, why not call your girlies and arrange for a night in with a bottle, or two, some pizza and have a night of swapping clothes you no longer wear. This skirt is great, it's a lovely burgundy colour which will look great with just a t-shirt and plimpsoles for a more casual look, however I have gone for the evening look and matched the skirt with a lovely leopard print leotard. I just need to find a little black or gold bolero to wear with this outfit to complete the loo

Returning to my Keys

My fellow followers, readers, friends. I have been so unorganised and lacked the motivation to write that I have left an open wound, a gap, not just to my blog but to myself. So much has happened and changed and so many bargains have been found since New Years, there is just simply, too much to tell. After Christmas and New Years, still working at Reiss, the team entered into a competition through the company to put forward our idea, of how we convey passion, focus drive and our thoughts of how we perseve their slogan 'I am Reiss'. At first it was a subtle joke of making a music video and writing our own rap which soon turned into creating a music video to Pharell Williams 'Happy' where we just danced on the shop floor but also included the full Reiss service to a customer (who also joined in on the dancing) The idea we all had was the scene in 500 days of summer, where Joseph Gordon-Levitt dances through the city and more and more of the public join in. Our minds were